05 Jun Governor Greg Abbott Announces the Third Phase of the State of Texas’ Plan To Safely Open the Economy
Governor Abbott, with the advice of the Lt. Governor, Speaker of the House, Attorney General, and Texas Comptroller have created:
The Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas that will safely and strategically restart and revitalize all aspects of the Lone Star State—work, school, entertainment, and culture.
The County of Maverick and The City of Eagle Pass have lifted restrictions based on the Governor’s orders:
- One person per family order has been lifted and no longer in effect
- Face masks are strongly recommended and not mandated
- Curfew for 17 years and under Sec. 19-4. Of the Eagle Pass Municode – Curfew hours for minors will be in effect:
- (1) 11:00 p.m. on any Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until 6:00 a.m. of the following day; and (2) 12:01 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. on any Saturday or Sunday.
- Businesses SHALL follow that standard health protocols established by the State of Texas.
- People are still asked to avoid nursing homes, state supported living centers, assisted living facilities, or long-term care facilities.
Governors Executive Order GA-26
Effective Immediately every business establishment in Texas SHALL operate at no more than 50%. However, there is no occupancy limit for the following:
- Any essential service or business
- Religious services (Church or House of Worship)
- Local Government Operations (County and Municipal) o Youth camps including summer camps
- Recreational sport programs for youth and adults
• 50% Occupancy limit DOES NOT apply to outdoor areas.
• 50% Occupancy applies to the following:
- Professional, Collegiate or similar events o Swimming pools (persons inside a pool)
- Museums and Libraries
- Rodeos and Equestrian
- Indoor Event Venues (weddings, quinces, parties, etc)
- Outdoor gatherings of an excess of 500 persons have to be authorized by The County Judge and Mayor in consultation with the Local Health Authority where additional restrictions may be imposed.
- Restaurants SHALL remain with an occupancy limit of 50% due to Eagle Pass, Texas Maverick County having an excess of more than 10 COVID-19 cases.
- Indoor Bars and similar establishments may occupy at 50% total listed occupancy and only customers who are seated MAY be served.
- Staff and employees are not included in the total occupancy levels EXCEPT for manufacturing services and office workers.
- Businesses have the authority to establish their own rules and regulations.
Guidance for employers and employees, as well as Open Texas Checklists by business type, can be found on the Open Texas Website.
For questions or concerns please contact the Emergency Operations Center at (830) 421-5122.